Selecting spam protection level
You can select the anti-spam protection level depending on the amount of spam arriving in your mailbox. The levels of anti-spam protection correspond to the following security levels configured by the experts at Kaspersky Lab:
- High. This security level should be used if you receive spam frequently; for example, while using free mail services. When you select this level, the frequency of false positives rises: that is, useful mail is more often recognized as spam.
- Recommended. This security level should be used in most cases.
- Low. This security level should be used if you rarely receive spam, for example, if you are working in a protected corporate email environment. When this level is selected, spam and potential spam messages are less frequently recognized.
To select one of the available security levels, perform the following steps:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Protection Center section, select the Anti-Spam component.
- Use the slider in the right part of the window to choose the required security level.
The name of the selected security level will appear below the Security level section header.
If none of the suggested security levels matches your requirements, you can configure Anti-Spam, for example, modify the threshold values for the spam rate or enable checks for Microsoft Exchange Server messages. Such configuration will change the security level name to Custom.
If you are not satisfied with the reconfigured behavior of Anti-Spam, you can restore the component settings.