Changing the type of objects to scan
When specifying the type of objects to scan, you establish which file formats and sizes will be scanned for viruses when the selected scan task runs.
When selecting file types please remember the following:
- Probability of malicious code penetrating several file formats (such as .txt) and its further activation is quite low. At the same time, there are formats that contain or may contain an executable code (such as .exe, .dll, .doc). The risk of penetrating and activating malicious code in such files is quite high.
- The intruder can send a virus to your computer in an executable file renamed as txt file. If you have selected the scan of files by extension, such a file is skipped by the scan. If the scan of files by format is selected, then, regardless of the extension, File Anti-Virus will analyze the file header, and reveal that the file is an .exe file. Such a file would be thoroughly scanned for viruses.
To change the type of scanned objects:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Scan section, select the required task (Full Scan, or ).
- In the Settings button for the task selected.
section, click the
- In the window that opens, on the Scope tab, in the File types section, select the required option.