Creating a list of objects to scan
Each virus scan task has its own default list of objects. These objects may include items in the computer’s file system, such as logical drives and email databases, or other types of objects such as network drives. You can edit this list.
If the scan scope is empty, or it contains no selected objects, a scan task cannot be started.
To create a list of objects for an object scan task:
- Open the main application window.
- In the left part of the window, select the Scan section.
- In the right part of the window click the select link to open the list of objects for scanning.
- In the displayed Custom Scan window, click the Add link to open the object addition dialog.
- In the Select object to scan window that opens, select the required object and click the Add button. Click the OK button after you have added all the objects you need. To exclude any objects from the list of objects to be scanned, uncheck the boxes next to them.
You can also drag files to be scanned directly into a marked area located in the Scan section.
To create the list of objects for quick scan or full scan tasks:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Scan section, select the Full Scan or Critical Areas Scan task.
- In the Scan scope section, click the Settings button for the task selected.
- In the <Scan task name>: scan scope window that opens, create the list using the Add, Configure, and Delete links. To exclude any objects from the list of objects to be scanned, uncheck the boxes next to them.
Objects which appear on the list by default cannot be edited or deleted.