Creating a packet rule
Packet rules consist of a set of conditions and operations over packets performed when these conditions are met.
When creating packet rules, remember that they have priority over the rules for applications.
To create a packet rule:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, in the Protection Center section, select the Firewall component.
- Click the Settings button in the right part of the window.
- In the window that opens, on the Packet rules tab, open the network rule creation window by clicking the Add link.
- In the Network rule window that opens, specify the required settings.
- Assign a priority to the new rule by moving it up or down the list using the Move up and Move down links.
Once you have created the rule, you can modify its settings or delete it using links in the bottom part of the tab. To disable the rule, uncheck the box next to the rule’s name.