By default, when Kaspersky Internet Security runtime events occur, special notification messages are displayed. Depending on how critical the event is for computer security, you may receive the following types of notifications:
- Critical notifications – inform you of events of crucial importance from the viewpoint of computer security: for example, detection of a malicious object or dangerous activity in the system. If such notification is displayed, you should immediately make a decision on further actions. The notification window of this type is red.
- Important notifications – inform you of events which are potentially important from the viewpoint of computer security: for example, detection of a potentially infected object or suspicious activity in the system. If such notification is displayed, you should make a decision on how dangerous the detected object or process is, and choose your further actions. The notification window of this type is yellow.
- Information notifications – inform you of non-critical events. The notification window of this type is green.
Notifications contain the following information:
- Brief description of an event (suspicious activity, new network, alert, virus, etc.) is displayed in the header of the message.
- Detailed information about the cause of notification (name of the application that has caused the event, name of the detected threat, settings of the detected network connection, etc.) is displayed in the event description section.
- Possible options for the action depend on the event type, for example: Disinfect, Delete, Skip – if a virus was detected, Allow, Block – in case of the application’s request to obtain rights for executing potentially harmful actions.
You can select methods of notification of events or disable notifications.
The complete list of notifications is included in the Appendix section herein.