Using a shared folder
Shared folder of Safe Run is designed to share files between the main operating system and safe environment. All files saved in this folder when working in safe environment are available from the standard desktop.
Shared folder is created when the application is being installed. Location of the shared folder may vary depending on the operating system:
- for Microsoft Windows XP – c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\SandboxShared;
- for Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7 – c:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\SandboxShared.
Location of the shared folder cannot be changed.
The safe environment shared folder can be opened in two ways:
- from the main application window;
- in the My Computer section of the Microsoft Windows Explorer (the shared folder’s icon is ).
To open the shared folder from the Kaspersky Internet Security’s main window:
- Open the main application window and select the Safe Run section.
- Open the Safe Run shared folder in the standard window of Microsoft Windows by clicking the Shared Folder link in the right part of the window in the Safe Run for Applications section.