Kaspersky Internet Security main window
The main application window contains interface elements that provide access to all the main features of the application.
The main window can be divided into three parts:
- The top part of the window contains the protection status indicator which informs you of the current condition of your computer’s protection.
Current computer protection status
There are three possible values of protection status: each of them is indicated with a certain color. Green indicates that your computer’s protection is at the correct level, while yellow and red indicate that there are various security threats. In addition to malicious programs, threats include obsolete application databases, disabled protection components, the selection of minimum protection settings etc.
Security threats must be eliminated as they appear.
- The left part of the window allows you to quickly switch to the main application features: enabling and disabling protection components, running virus scan tasks, updating databases and program modules, etc.
Left part of the main window
- The right part of the window contains information about the application function selected in the left part, and allows configuring its settings, provides tools for executing virus scan tasks, retrieving updates etc.
Right part of the main window
You can also use the following buttons and links:
- Settings – to open the application settings window.
- Quarantine – to start working with quarantined objects.
A certain folder, where all possibly infected objects are placed, which were detected during scans or by real-time protection.
- Reports – switch to the application operation report in diagram format.
- News – switch to viewing news in the News Agent window. This link is displayed after the application receives the first piece of news.
- Help – to view the Kaspersky Internet Security help system.
- My Kaspersky Account – to enter the user’s personal account at the Technical Support Service website.
- Support – to open the window containing information about the system and links to Kaspersky Lab’s information resources (Technical Support Service website, forum).
- License – Kaspersky Internet Security activation, license renewal.
You can change the appearance of Kaspersky Internet Security using alternate skins.
To open the main application window, perform one of the following actions: