Creating a trace file
After installing Kaspersky Internet Security, some failures in the operating system or in the operation of individual applications may occur. The most likely cause is a conflict between Kaspersky Internet Security and the software installed on your computer, or with the drivers of your computer components. You may be asked to create a tracing file for Kaspersky Lab’s Technical Support Service specialists to successfully resolve your problem.
To create the trace file:
- Open the main application window.
- Click the Support window, then click the Traces link.
link in the bottom part of the main window to open the
- In the
window that opens, select the tracing level from the dropdown list in the section.
It is recommended to clarify the required tracing level by a Technical Support Service specialist. If no indications from Technical Support Service are available, you are advised to set the tracing level to
- To start the tracing process, click the Enable button.
- Reconstruct the situation when the problem occurs.
- To stop the tracing process, click the Disable button.
You can switch to uploading tracing results to Kaspersky Lab’s server.