The following is new in Kaspersky Internet Security:
- New protection component of the System Watcher provides monitoring of applications activity in the system and provides detailed information to other protection components. Due to the recoverable history of the applications activity, the component can roll back results of a malicious application’s actions when such malicious actions are detected by various protection components.
- Advanced functionality of the Safe Run, Safe Run for Applications, is an isolated desktop where you can launch suspicious applications without any harm to the main operating system.
- New modules have been added to improve Internet protection:
- Safe Surf – includes the link scanning module known from the previous version of the application, and also may block access to insecure websites, which allows you staying in the safe Internet zone.
- Geo Filter – lets you grant or deny access to websites based on their belonging to certain domains. This helps you, for example, to block access to websites which belong to regional domains with high risk of infection.
- Application Control allows a more effective definition of applications statuses, as well as configuration of application rules using Kaspersky Security Network data based on the statistics of Application Control operation on many users’ computers.
- With Idle Scan, the computer may be scanned for viruses while you are not working at it, and scan will stop when you return to work. This allows you to perform a scan regularly and at the same time prevents the reduction of the computer running speed when you need it.
- The Parental Control functionality has been expanded: now you can control the user’s access to the computer and Internet, the launch of computer applications, restrict access to websites with undesirable content and downloading files from the Internet, control user’s communication in social networks and through Internet-pagers, as well as view reports on the controlled user’s actions. To optimize the Parental Control configuration the module also includes an export and import option with these settings for the account.