Scanning computer for vulnerabilities
Vulnerabilities are unprotected portions of software code which intruders may deliberately use for their purposes, for example, to copy data used in unprotected applications. Scanning your computer for vulnerabilities helps you to reveal any such weak points in your computer. You are advised to eliminate the detected vulnerabilities.
You can use the following methods to scan the system for vulnerabilities:
To start the task using a shortcut:
- Open the Microsoft Windows Explorer window and go to the folder where you have created the shortcut.
- Double-click the shortcut to start the task scanning the system for vulnerabilities.
The task progress is displayed in the main application window.
To start the task from the application window:
- Open the main application window and select the Tools section in the left part of the window.
- Click the button Vulnerability Scan in the right part of the window.
- In the displayed Vulnerability Scan window, click the button Run Vulnerability Scan in the top part of the window.
The task progress is displayed in the Finish field. To stop the task, click the Vulnerability Scan is in progress button in the top part of the window.